The Archives of Lesbian Oral Testimony (ALOT) website allows users to register as "contributors" in order to upload their own interviews to the site, tag content, comment, and engage with other participatory features. Any content users contribute to the site in these or others manners will be considered "submissions." To register, you must agree to the following terms and conditions. You will be required to re-agree to these terms if they change at any time following your registration.
Terms & Conditions
- You must be 18 years of age or older and able to consent to these terms and conditions.
- You represent that your submissions do not contain any commercial endorsements or defamatory content.
- You acknowledge that ALOT may remove submissions at any time and for any reason without notice, and that ALOT also has the right not to use or publish your submissions.
- Your submissions relate to the mandate and interests of ALOT.
- In the case of submissions that are oral history interviews:
- You represent that you and the participant(s) in your submissions are 18 years of age or older.
- You represent that full consent has been obtained from all participants for these submissions to be made freely and publicly available in their entirety online on the ALOT site.
- You grant ALOT the non-exclusive right to reproduce, migrate to different format or medium, and/or make accessible your submissions worldwide in electronic format and in any medium.
- You represent that your submissions do not provide your or any other individuals’ identifiable personal information (including addresses, phone numbers, etc.).
- Copyright of submissions by contributors rests with the copyright holders. For any of your submissions, you represent that you have the full rights and/or permissions to submit your submissions to ALOT, and that you are solely responsible for any copyright infringement.
- You agree that any and all of your submissions posted on the ALOT are covered by the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution, Non-commercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) license. Read more here.
- You acknowledge that ALOT may edit submissions’ metadata for clarity and formatting.